ISO 18841 Benefits
ISO 18841 establishes criteria and recommendations for community interpreting during oral and signed communication that enables access to services for people who have limited proficiency in the language of such services. The standard also provides guidance for the provision of community interpreting services.
Benefits to you:
- Ability to prove the company’s capability to provide a quality service through a fully traceable system, ensuring case files are fully backed up and retrievable and that important work is not lost.
- Increase client base by being able to tender for contracts that require a recognized management system.
- Ensures that client cases are managed, coordinated and scrutinized for accuracy by a qualified case manager, and suitably reviewed by a qualified colleague prior to finalization – eliminating the margin for error and / or customer complaints.
Benefits to your customers:
- Increases customer confidence and gives reassurance to the prospective clients that you follow a recognized specialist standard while under taking their translation requirements.
- Provides assurance that you employ appropriately qualified staff – both interpreters and translators are qualified to undertake the task in a professional and effective manner to the latest industry standards.
- Top-notch quality assurance, with the minimum requirements set for translators, editors, and project managers.
- More confidence in the translation output, since the transition and revision phases are each overseen by different translators.
- Agreed upon expectations that delineate the standard procedures of how the project will be managed.
- Confidentiality assurance as a result of the mandatory data protection requirement.
- Precise translations due to the rigorous guidelines.
- Retrievable files, with all work being fully traceable.
Benefits to your staff:
- On-going staff development- the standard helps to ensure that staff and contractors follow a professional development program, keeping them update with the latest techniques and dialects.
- Heighten morale and motivation as employees have defined processes and procedures that result in a quality and consistent service being provided.
- Proves that they work for an innovative and forward thinking employer.
Click here to download ISO 18841 certification scheme